Not every CEO went to college and no degree guarantees a big bank account. A multitude of high-paying, skilled trade jobs are available in plumbiung, electrical, healthcare, and more! These roles are in high demand, pay extremely well, and are vital to our communities.
College is not the only path, so Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative seeks to support local students who are choosing to trade up. If you are a high school senior who plans to enter the trades after graduation and you live in an SREC-powered home, you are eligible for this scholarship. Each year, we offer up to two $2,000 scholarships to sons and daughters of members living in our service territory who are pursuing a certification or trade school education. To apply, complete the application form below by March 7, 2023.
SREC Trade School/Certification Scholarship
- Aims to support goals of SREC member's children who plan on pursuing a trade
- Offers up to two $2,000.00 scholarships yearly
- Applicants must currently be high school seniors seeking trade certification following graduation
- Must provide GPA and financial need information
- At least one teacher or counselor recommendation must be included with application
- Applications are due by Tuesday, March 7th, 2023