Careers at Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative
The employees of Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative are the key to our success. We offer a meaningful work environment, career development, and competitive pay and benefits.
Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative offers an opportunity to work for a small member-owned electric utility whose priorities are safety, quality of service, and affordable prices. The Cooperative blends high technology with proven techniques to deliver power to approximately 12,000 members.
If you're interested in joining our co-op family, this page is the place where we host up-to-date information on our available job openings at any given moment. We encourage you to follow our social media pages, where we will be posting information on new job openings as soon as they are available. Be sure to stay on top of this and apply quickly, as we receive a lot of applications in very short periods of time.
Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative can only accept resumes from the public when a position opening has been advertised externally in local newspapers or internet job boards, and when open positions are announced on our social media pages. In between periods of hiring, we do not accept resumes and will not keep resumes on file.
Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative offers a wide range of comprehensive benefits including but not limited to:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance for you and your family
- 401k plan with a match of 65% of the employee contribution up to 5%
- RS Pension plan
- 12 paid holidays
- vacation, sick and personal time
Current Job Opportunities:
Senior Staff Engineer
The Senior Staff Engineer is responsible for the design, coordination, overcurrent protection, voltage regulation, load balancing, planning, and troubleshooting of the Cooperative’s electric power distribution system. This position requires a basic understanding of AMI, SCADA, GIS, EA and OMS systems in order to use, configure and maintain said systems. The position also requires an understanding of how to program, operate and maintain utility system devices such as reclosers, capacitor banks, regulators, sectionalizing switches and various substation equipment.
- Conducts system planning studies including load projections and modeling of the distribution system with Engineering Analysis software.
- Assists in the development of Construction Work Plan, Long Range Plan, Sectionalizing Study, Contingencies Study, etc.
- Provide engineering knowledge for work plan projects to ensure reliable distribution system design for new construction modifications to existing facilities.
- Monitor, operate, and maintain the SCADA system during regular and emergency events.
- Develop and carry out switching orders for line crews.
- Maintaining and updating the engineering model after construction completion by line crews.
- Maintain Outage Management System and assists Operations Department as needed in restoration of outages and day-to-day support.
- Recommend and review specifications of transformers, meters, regulators, and line protection devices.
- Involved in all aspects of system monitoring, inspection, troubleshooting, planning, and capital upgrade development.
- Reviews applications for the installation of distributed generation.
- Helps assure that designed electrical facilities meet NEC, NESC, and Cooperative standards.
- Programming and troubleshooting protective and sectionalizing devices in the field.
- Able to work in both the office and the field.
- Able to be available for on-call work as well as response in emergency situations
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical distribution system design, construction, operation, and maintenance is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance for you and your family
- 401k plan with an employer match
- Pension plan
- 12 paid holidays
- Vacation, sick and personal time
If you are interested in applying for the Senior Staff Engineer position, please send an email with your resume attached to email@example.com.
If there is no current job opportunity listed, then we are not currently accepting applications for any positions at this time. If you are interested in learning when we may be looking to expand our team, please like or follow our Facebook or Twitter pages where we announce new job opportunities as they become available.