The Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative Goodwin Scholarship is dedicated in memory to James Howard Goodwin, an accountant who had a long history of working with Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative and championing the development of the youth in our community. James Howard Goodwin passed away in December of 2014 and afterwards Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative created this scholarship in his honor, so he may live on in helping the bright young people of our community succeed.
Each year, Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative offers up to three $2,000 scholarships to students pursuing college after graduation. Applicants must be current high school seniors and be able to furnish necessary essay, transcripts, recommendations, and other required information through the application form below. To apply, complete the application form below by March 7, 2023.
Sussex Rural Electric Cooperative James Howard Goodwin Scholarship
- Available to sons and daughters of SREC's members
- Offers up to three $2,000.00 scholarships yearly
- Applicants must currently be high school seniors pursuing college after graduation
- Applicants must currently be high school seniors and able to furnish necessary essay, transcripts, recommendations, and other required information
- Must provide GPA and financial need information, with option to include SAT/ACT information
- At least one teacher or counselor recommendation must be included with application
- Applications are due by Tuesday, March 7th, 2023